Thursday 8 October 2015

Here Comes the Sun

It's always nice to wave the long cold nights of winter goodbye and welcome back the warming rays of the sun. 

I for one really appreciate the suns radiating rays and the vitamin D that they provide but not nearly as much as our poor batteries. They have had a hard time this winter having to cope with our 12v water heating and cooking plus the constant draw from the diesel heater (which I'm sure was on for twice as long as it was last year). But they didn't falter nor complain and always kept their charge up even when they were on load and pretty stressed.  

Having worked hard all winter it's now their time to bask in the sun again and I think I'll go and join them and top up my vitamin D as well.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you survived the winter.
    I agree we to need our "top up" on sunshine ;)
    Looks like you got in to see some lovely places despite the cold.
    Love to hear and see what you are up to.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Matata/Whakatane area at the moment while the whitebait are runnng. It's a beautiful part of NZ if you get a chance to pop down. We would love to meet up.

    ReplyDelete